Asked on 23 November
We are planning on offering Flexiplace and Alternative Work Schedules (AWS) to eligible employees in the near future and plan on considering the following three options:
1. Compressed Work Week: A standard work week is reduced to fewer than five days; associates make up the full number of hours per week by working longer hours each day in attendance. The three Compressed Work Week options are:
A week of five 9-hour days followed by a week of three 9-hour days, one 8-hour day, and one day off.
A week of four 9-hour days and one 8-hour day followed by a week of four 9-hour days and one day off.
A week of four 10-hour days with one day off per week.2. Flex-time: Associates may choose what time to begin the work day, as long as the work day includes "core" hours between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm and the work day is a full 8 hours. Associates may not begin a work day earlier than 6:00 a.m. The start time must be consistent; a new time can't be decided upon day-to-day. Once a start time is set, changes are dependent upon supervisory approval.
3. Flexiplace: Associates may choose to work from an outside location. The number of days per pay period an associate may work from an outside location will be a management decision.
As we are a 24/7 call center operation, we know there are going to be challenges. For any 24/7 Call Center operations who have implemented AWS or considered it but did not implement, we have the following questions:
1. What specific challenges did you face in the planning and implementation of AWS?
2. What benefits have you seen as a result of implementing AWS?
3. What drawbacks or negative feedback have you encountered as a result of implementing AWS?
4. Has it been cost effective?
5. If you considered implementing but decided not to, what were the reasons that led you to deciding not to implement AWS?
Topic: Workforce Management
The Talent Management Forum is an online community for Customer Service executives and management teams seeking quick feedback from direct peers and looking to stay involved with our research on talent management. The Forum is a destination for asking questions, and sharing challenges and solutions related to training, coaching, recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, and monitoring quality.
Go to the CEB Customer Contact Leadership Council Website
1772 Replies to 367 Questions1601 Members
Doris Jwo Senior Research Analyst
Your email, , has been unsubscribed from the forum.
Assigning schedules based on performance without a shift bid
26 Jan 2015
Rep Time Tracking System
25 Jun 2014
Scheduling Cross Trained Agents
12 Mar 2014
Thank you for voting. Feel free to provide a more detailed response or any additional
votes (if applicable) on the question page.